The Parent’s Corner
- This is just a reminder that we will hold a homework session every Tuesday evening beginning February 25, 2014, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 pm in the library of Bluestone Middle School. Please feel free to attend. This is an opportunity for parents and students to meet with teachers, get help and gain skills necessary for success.
- April 24: 2014 Art Expo at Bluestone High School
- April 26: Round Robin Tournament at BMS-Games at 10:00 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
- May 2: Dedication of the West End High Wall and presentation of alumni interviews
- May 6: Reading 6
- May 7: Reading 7
- May 8: Reading 8
- May 9: Math 6
- May 13: Math 8 (all 8th grade enrolled in math)
- May 14: Math 7
- May 15: Science 8
- May 16: US I-6th grade (a.m.); US II-7th grade (p.m.)
- May 20: Civics (8th grade)
- May 16: 8th Grade trip to King’s Dominion
- May 19-22: POL’s – to be scheduled by grade level; parents will be notified of child’s presentation time and date
- May 21: 6th grade celebration of learning-9:30 a.m.; 7th grade celebration of learning-10:45 a.m.
- May 22: 8th grade promotion and academic awards-10:30 a.m.
Parent Portal Log in:
Resources for Parents:
We have been asked why we need to change our instructional delivery. Here is a report conducted in Spring 2011 that explains why the need for change. Our students are being measured by a new more rigorous standard.
*Parents of car riders need to be here by 3:30 to pick up their child.
School Hours: 8:45 a.m. – 3:35 p.m.
The Principal’s Corner
What a great start to the school year. It was wonderful to walk around to classrooms to day and see students engaged, teachers teaching and smooth transitions from elementary school to middle school and grade level to grade level.
I am excited about what the school year has in store for us. I look forward to getting to know each student. We have a tremendous opportunity to make a true difference and will make the most of that opportunity.
If at any time you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 434-372-3266, or at email@example.com.